FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
3,929 views 11 comments
by anonymous

RUT 240 - mobile network status disconnected

Hello everyone,

I have a RUT240 with FW RUT2XX_R_00.01.06 and boot loader 3.1.0 and I have the similar issue like the guys in thread

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/1215/issue-with-mobile-connection-using-contract-sim-and-static
and
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/880/mobile-data-status-disconnected

Router is not getting an IP from the operator, or at least it show status disconnected.

Strange thing is that it worked for roughly 4 weeks before it suddenly stopped.

I tried the following so far:

• hard reset/factory reset
  • APN/SIM settings verified with operator
  • I used 2 different SIMs, both are working fine in my phones
  • signal strength should be good enough (-69 to -81dbmi)
  • checked /etc/config/network for "option proto 'dhcp' and ALL other values recommended in the other post.

Absolutely no idea what to try next.

I have a troubleshoot file as well but donßt know how to attach/upload/make available....
Many thanks for any suggestion.

Cheers
Ed

by
Hello all,

Could some one please tell me how to attach files to the thread?

Many thanks
Eduard
by
My calling not connected

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you send me routers troubleshoot file via private message?
by anonymous
I have looked over the troubleshoot file and can't figure out particular reason why the connection is lost. It does seem the issue wasn't resolved previously and keeps recurring with different mobile operators in different regions. In the meantime, I reported the issue to to your RND department to work closely together to solve this issue.
by anonymous
I bought a second device and this one works without any issues and with standard setup. I rest both devices to factory, I downgraded the FW from the non-working device to the same version 1.04 as of the working device and imported the configuration from the working device to the non-working device. Nothing helped, it stays disconnected.

The non-working device has batch no. 037,  the working device 036. The design of the labels on the boxes of both devices are different as well.

RND should be able to identify the diffrences.
by anonymous
Can you look over and see if other operators are discovered?

Network->Mobile->Network Operators->Scan for operators

Have you tried adding the mobile operator manually?

Network->Mobile->Network Operators->Settings->Connection mode->Manual
by anonymous

Can you look over and see if other operators are discovered?
Network->Mobile->Network Operators->Scan for operators

I can see a lot of operators.

Have you tried adding the mobile operator manually?
Network->Mobile->Network Operators->Settings->Connection mode->Manual

Yes, no success.

by anonymous
Hi,

Would it be possible to organize the remote session? If it would be possible, please send me a private message to arrange a meeting.
by anonymous
Sure, I just need to figure out first how to setup the environment to be accessible without an Internet connection of the router... I'll send you a message.
by
Is there any progress on investigating or resolving this ?

I too have a RUT950 with a contract data only SIM that connects to the LTE network but will just not, ever, make a data connection or yield a WAN IP address. Always "Network status - disconnected"

The same SIM and RUT950 will network connect over 3G to a femtocell and will establish a network and data connection so I believe the Router's config data for the mobile network is good.

I have tried various firmware versions including the RUT950 patch version RUT9XX_T_F0165_00.05.02.112_WEBUI.bin released on November 23rd 2018 but without ever getting an LTE data connection.

I don't have a PAYG data only SIM to try but propose to get one to test to isolate the SIM versus the Router.

Could there be a problem with or variability between the Quectel EC25 modems in different batches that would explain the one good, and one bad experience of EddZig?

The general problem, possibly with contract data only SIMs was first reported in November 2018 in the posts highlighted above by EddZig. Thanks
by anonymous
Hi. A lot of things happened in the background but unfortunately we were not able to solve the issue. It is still persistent. Meanwhile I suppose that it is a hardware issue or a chipset as MTR mentions above. I bought a new device which is working fine from the first moment with the same config and same SIM cards. Teltonika support team is extremely responsive and take very good care of.

I will send back the non-working device and let them try whatever they want to try with it.....
by anonymous
Hi MTR,

Can you create an account in the community forum so that we could correspond?