FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
213 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I have an rut240 connected to mains with large baterry backup.

I want to get an alert when there is a power outage.

Is it possible to connect a simple 5v power supply to pin 3 without batery backup so it informs me when power goes out?

thanks

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us! This is indeed possible. Pin 3 of the power socket needs to be connected to any source, that operates in the 8 - 30V range (a 5V power adapter will not work, as its state will be registered as LOW by RUT240).

However, to accomplish this, you'll most likely need one of these adapters of ours, to access the I/O pin and power the device at the same time:

A very good write-up on how to set up this configuration can be found here (this article is on how to set up BAT120, our UPS solution, but the steps will be almost identical here, the only difference is trigger for the input should be set to "Falling"). Additional information on I/O Juggler can be found here.

Please note: Ground wires of UPS and power adapter may both need to be connected on Pin 2.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
what an excellent and fast response.

Thank you