FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
341 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have one of 230 RUT950:

• RUT9500022C0-134-381 serial 1125377591 firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.7 installed

I update all routers to RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2_WEBUI.bin without any issue except that one so far.

The following issue happens on that single device in our production:

• update via web GUI - verfication failed error, tried on differnt hosts, tried also with fresh firmware from web, firmware image works fin on other devices of the same type from same batch
  • update tried via SCP - can not copy the image to /tmp/ using WinSCP (connection crashes), copy of a small file works
  • update via bootloader - RUT does not boot anymore all LED static on
  • update via bootloader to RUT9_R_00.07.02.6_WEBUI.bin - fails "checksum error"
  • repeated on different hosts, reload Frimware image from web - same result
  • actual state - after power on all LED static on, no boot to firmware, bootoloader menu accessable (no succesful update possible, see above)

Seems it is not possible to transfer an flash new image and after use of bootloader flash is empty without firmware

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

It seems like a bricked  device.

Update via bootloader menu to 7.0 and above will not work. Otherwise, if the update via bootloader menu to firmware V6 fails, unfortunately, there is not much else that can be done and the device should be replaced.

Best regards,
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. We ordered the device directly from Teltonika.

Who should I contact Augustinas Gulbinas?

Best regards
by anonymous
Yes, please contact Augustinas.