FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
628 views 15 comments
by anonymous

I have tried AT&T, Verizon and a couple of other Sim Cards. Nothing I do seems to work. I've used the built in tool to send an SMS and it fails, I use gsmctl -S -s in the CLI and it fails - gsmctl -S -s "0018432839832 Hello" is the command I actually used. Sometimes I get an "N/A" as the response and no SMS. Sometimes I get a Module error.

End result nothing seems to work. I'm on firmware 7.02.7

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Did it work previously? 

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue by trying to send several SMS messages, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Done - file has been uploaded

Just got it so I've never had it work. Did not work previously.
by anonymous

The router fails to get a stable data connectivity.

Could you login to WebUI, navigate to Network -> Interfaces and edit mobile interface settings. In an interface configuration window disable Auto APN button and enter a custom value based on your service provider.

by anonymous
Can you tell from the logs what services are compatible with this model? I own a cell phone store so I have options I can try. Just not sure what it's looking for. In our area AT&T and Verizon are about all that's available though.
by anonymous
Trying a verizon compatible sim, I've got everything connected (signal and data) and I'm able to read incoming sms msgs. But I cannot send, is the 001 for +1 correct? 0019995551212 for example. Or is there a setting I need to look for to change.
by anonymous

Try the following:

Navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General and set VoLTE to on and Service mode to LTE only. Save & apply.

by anonymous
Just uploaded a new troubleshooting file.
0 votes
by anonymous

Did that and this is the other error that I'm seeing:

root@Teltonika-RUT240:~# gsmctl -S -s "0018435551212 hello"
Failed to invoke a gsmd object method
N/A
That "Failed to invoke a GSMD object method"
by anonymous
I would like another troubleshoot with the suggested options enabled and a few attempts to send SMS.
by anonymous
Another one is uploaded.
by anonymous
I uploaded another file last week. Any ideas? I'm still able to receive text. Just can't send.
by anonymous

The router does perform regular checks for received emails to forward to SMS. Could you check a couple of things:

Considering that you have email to SMS configuration, could you try to send SMS separately from WebUI Services -> Mobile utilities -> Messages -> Send message tab. Does that work?

Next, go to Services -> Events reporting, add a new instance and send a test email from the configured account to a specified host. Are you able to send the email successfully?  

I also see issues with the modem module. It gets disconnected or unresponsive several times, with log messages such as this: Modem [1-1] disconnected.

For this, I would like you to perform a modem firmware update. Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. Below are the the instructions:

• Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:
    • opkg update
    • opkg install modem_updater
    • opkg install sshfs
    • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:
    • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
      • <ID> - should be 1-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
      • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, it should be EC25VFAR02A14M4G.
by anonymous
Did all this, let it reboot. I tried the built-in sms sender and the gsmctl command line (gsmctl -S -s ) and am still getting the same error. "Failed to invoke a gsmd object method". I am not even attempting the email to sms until I see it work in the CLI using the GSMCTL command first. And I am uploading a 3rd TroubleShooting file.
by anonymous

The modem firmware version is not updated to EC25VFAR02A14M4G

There are plenty of disconnects and periods of unresponsiveness, which might be an indication of failing on a hardware level.

If the issue does not resolve after firmware update, I suggest to return the device for warranty repair.

by anonymous
Well, I got the firmware loaded and tried my 2 sim cards and my AT&T one is working now. Thank you so much for your help.

I have just 1 issue left and 1 question. The issue, the email2SMS is not coming thru to my cell phone. I'm getting emails from the system when there is an error and I host my own email server so I know the settings are good. I'm going to upload a new troubleshooting log tar, if you could look and give me an idea of why that is not working, that would be great.

And the question. This system says SMS. Is it possible to send MMS? If I have the proper APN? Or is this system SMS only.

Again, Thanks.
by anonymous

Does the subject contain only number in proper format as in sample pictures below: 003706...

The logs actually indicate a couple of SMS sent:

kern.notice kernel: SMS was sent to: 8436026955

kern.notice kernel: SMS was sent to: 8432839832

Are those correct numbers?

Does other options such as SMS forwarding to HTTP or SMTP work?

Regarding your question, unfortunately, MMS sending is not possible.

Best regards,

by anonymous
If I send using gsmctl or the mesg utility in the web interface, it does work.

If I send an email to the account I have setup in the email2sms gateway it does not send the text.