FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
425 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I enabled one of the services tokens on one of the 5 routers to have a look but still no sign of online?

Please advise.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this trouble with our devices.

Please, try the following:

• Reboot your device.
  • Ensure that the device has internet connectivity.
  • Ensure that RMS functionality is enabled on the device. This option can be found by navigating to:

System -> Administration -> RMS

• Ensure that the company has credits.
  • Ensure that mobile data limits are not exhausted. Check if the mobile data limit is set on the router and if so try to turn it off to see if the device becomes visible via RMS. Information on how to enable mobile data limit can be found HERE.

Please, inform me if any of these steps helped. If none of these were successful, please send me a private message and include the following:

• A screenshot of the RMS status window (System -> Administration -> RMS)
  • A troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot)
  • RMS company name/ID

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Thanks for the response Andzej.

I dont see any of the instructions you provided. For example, i cannot see how i navigate to System -> Administration -> RMS in the dashboard i see.

Please refer to the previous attachment as that provided a screen shot of the screen i see.

Unsure how i send you a private message either. Please advise?

Thanks 

by anonymous

Hi,

I apologize that my answer was unclear. I will try to provide more detailed steps.

My instructions referred to a device WebUI, not the RMS dashboard. Since there is no connection to devices via RMS (RMS dashboard shows that devices are offline), there might be issues regarding the device configuration itself. 

The first thing you can try is checking if your devices have credits. This is the only step that is done via RMS dashboard.

• Go to RMS dashboard -> Services -> Management

Check if the 'service expires at' date is still valid and is covering the current date and time.

The next steps are done by connecting to a device itself, not RMS. 

You will need to connect to a device through WebUI. This can be done by entering the IP address of your device into the URL bar of your internet browser. (Default IP address of the device is 192.168.1.1, but it depends on your settings).

Then, you will have to authorize yourself by entering a username and your router's password. (Default username is 'admin' and the default password is 'admin01'. You will be prompted to change your password when you log in).

If some of the options are not visible while following these steps, you will have to switch to advanced mode (Upper right corner, click on mode and switch from BASIC to ADVANCED).

• To reboot, you will need to navigate to System -> Reboot and press reboot
  • To enable RMS service on the device, navigate to Services -> Cloud Solutions -> RMS 

Under RMS settings, there is a field named connection type. Choose the enabled option. Click HERE for more information.

On the same RMS page below there is a 'STATUS' section. Take a screenshot of this section, as this information will be needed for troubleshooting purposes. This is in case the steps will not help you regain access to your devices via RMS.

• To verify internet connectivity, try to execute a ping command from the router. This can be done by navigating to:

System -> CLI

In the new window enter:

username: 'root'

Password: Your routers password (When you type your password, the password characters you enter are invisible. They are being entered, do not worry)

After the successful authentication, in the same window:

Type a command 'ping 8.8.8.8' (without quotes)

wait for a few replies then cancel the command by pressing CTRL +  C

Type a command 'ping rms.teltonika.lt'

Again, wait for a few replies then cancel the command by pressing CTRL + C

Successful pings to 8.8.8.8 will confirm that your device has internet connectivity, while successful ping commands to rms.teltonika.lt will confirm that your device can reach the RMS system via the internet.

•  Ensure the mobile data limit is not exhausted. Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> your mobile interface (MOB1S1A1 for Sim slot 1, MOB1S2A1 for Sim slot 2, depending on which slot you are using)

Click on the pencil on the right side of the interface window to open interface settings. At the bottom of the settings, you will see the 'Enable data connection limit' slider. Turn it off. More information HERE.

If none of these were successful, send me a private message and include the following:

• A screenshot of the 'RMS Status' section that you took earlier.
  • A troubleshoot file that you can download from devices WebUI (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot)
  • Tell me your company name / ID as written in RMS. (In RMS navigate to Users -> Companies)

To send me a private message, click on my profile picture. This will open a new page with my information. Under my profile picture, you will see a green button 'Send private message'. 

Kind Regards,

Andzej