FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
713 views 11 comments
by anonymous
My recently installed RUT955 does not get any mobile connection. The router is updated to the latest firmware.

I‘ve tested my setup with different SIM cards and antennas at different locations - no connection. Access point/ wired connection works perfectly.

All tested cards work without any problem in mobile phones or pads. Seems like the mobile connection is disabled?!

I‘ve tried Vodafone and Congstar (Telekom) SIM cards with manual APN setup.

Edit 24. Oct. 2022

I have now added the trouble shoot file. Today there is a new issue; the router connects to the wireless signal, but does not forward the signal anymore?!

Thanks for your help!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Teltonika Networks crowd support community.

Apologies for the technical issue you are having on your end.

Note: This solution will work when you have connected RUT955 to another source of internet except mobile, i.e., Wired WAN or Wireless WAN.

Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:

opkg update

opkg install modem_updater

opkg install sshfs

modem_updater -g

The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:

modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>

<ID> - should be 1-1.4, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.

<VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command.

The modem should automatically restart itself.

Kind regards,

Shadrack.

by anonymous
Thank you Shadrak,

i´ve tried it, but today the router also lost the wireless connection. Because it is installed into a car I have no chance to get an internet connection anymore.

The troubleshoot file is now included into the original message. Maybe it helps you to find a solution?

Thank you very much!

Michael
by anonymous
Thanks for giving the solution.
+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

It would be helpful if you could provide a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The file can be attached by editing your question.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

thank you. I‘ve added the file to the original message now.

Best regards!

Michael
by anonymous

Hello,

The logs have several instances of errors related fo wireless drivers, which would indicate hardware failures, thus, the following may not help. The modem also does not seem to be registering to any operator at all.

Nevertheless, for starters, I would like you to update your device firmware. Since your current version is quite old, I would suggest to download this file and perform update following instructions provided in this page. Then upload this firmware file in the WebUI System -> Firmware section.

See if that helps, otherwise, attach a new troubleshoot file from updated device.

by anonymous
Hello again,

thank you very much for all the update files. I have now updated the router. I think there was a wireless connection for maybe 5 seconds before i had the same problems as in the last few days.

I have now attached the new troubleshoot file to the original question.

Thank you very much for the support!

Best regards!

Michael
by anonymous

Could you check if the wireless interface you are connected to is not disabled in Network -> Wireless?

From the file, it seems that WiFI should be working, as there are DHCP exchanges between the devices, yet configuration seems to be missing options. 

Also there is a leftover mobile interface configuration from legacy firmware 'ppp' which should not be here.

And the modem is completely unresponsive.

I would suggest to perform a reset to factory defaults (System -> Backup -> Restore default settings).  If that does not help to get Wireless WAN operable, and you have no possibility for a wired WAN connection to try modem update, return the router for warranty repair.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello

I checked that the wireless network is enabled. After that I tried the factory reset - with a strange result. After two resets the router still has parts of the old setup?!

After that I hard wired the router to get a ssh access. Unfortunately i cannot enter the router via ssh because it does not accept any password?! Also after the reset none of the passwords do work to enter it via ssh.

Please find a new troubleshoot file attached to the original message.

What is now the best way to return the router? Unfortunately the dealer i bought the router from does not exist anymore. Can I also return it for a repair as a private person?

Thank you and best regards!

Michael
by anonymous

I will enquire about this. 

However, I would like you to perform one more thing. Update firmware using bootloader menu. The procedure is described here. The firmware file to upload can be downloaded here. You can upload the latest firmware afterwards.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you very much!

I now managed the access via ssh. Sorry - the password thing was my own mistake. Maybe this helps somebody else;

username: root

password: "your personal router password"

I just tried the wrong combiantions. Sorry for that.

But still the router is not working as it should. The modem update was not possible because it couldn´t  download all the packages?! I have no idea why some of the packages were downloaded and some of them had a failiure.

I will try the update and see if it will work.

Thank you very much!
by anonymous
Hello,

here is what I did so far. With the firmware version RUT9_R_00.07.02.7_WEBUI.bin it was possible to start the modem update via ssh. Unfortunately the router stopped answering while sending the packages to the router. I waited for more than one hour but the ssh terminal just wrote „sending“. Nothing happened.

It was still not possible to setup a mobile or an access point wireless connection with different devices (iOS an Windows).

After that I tried the downgrade as shown in the last message. Still not working and the router does not save the setup anymore. Every time I log in to the router, it starts with the wizzard and the whole setup is just gone.

I still cannot get any connection running. So is there a way to return the router as a private person?

Thank you very much!

Best regards!

Michael
by anonymous
Hello,

is there any solution for the return?

Thank you!

Michael