FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
208 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I am currently on the road in a motor home and bought the rut950 special for this trip. Unfortunately i am having issues with the device and maybe you can advice me with another model or maybe you have a solution.

My requirements:

Making access with a wifi network from camping or harbour

When no wifi network available or wifi network down, then uses of my data SIM card.

What happens to the rut950 is that when for example when lease time wifi network camping is past or connection is lost the Rut950 reboots its self and then connects again to the wifi network from camping.

This rebooting takes couple minutes, that means fail on game or losing time of movie.

This rebooting is for me a no go.

Is there a solution for this problem or are there any other models that don’t reboot and just failover to sim card and on background trying to recover the encrypted wifi network from the camping?

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards

Marc

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello, 

Kindly find my answers to your requirments:

When no wifi network available or wifi network down, then uses of my data SIM card:

You can enable the failover function to allow you to switch to your backup interface incase of your primary one goes down: Find link for Failover

This rebooting takes couple minutes, that means fail on game or losing time of movie:

Can you disable the Auto Reboot function to avoid any rebooting circumstances, Find link for Auto Reboot

Best Regards

Best answer
by anonymous

Thanks, this answer solved my problems .yessmiley

Kind regards,