FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
280 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

We have an OpenVPN Tunnel to a OpenVPN Access Server. The VPN is up and running.

The problem we have, is that the traffic is NAT behind the tunnel IP.

We need the traffic that comes from the Device behind the RUTX08 to use there own IP Address and not the tunnel IP.

How can we change that?

Regards

Adrian

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you try disabling Masquerading flag in Network -> Firewall -> General settings section under zones configuration?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

I can't find the setting your talking about.

But you mean this one, right?

Can you explain me short, or send me a tutorial about Zone Input Output and Forward.

If i read this correctly, the rule openvpn->LAN is for traffic from OPENVPN to LAN, and not LAN to OPENVPN. Or i'm wrong?

Regards

Adrian

by anonymous
Basically, zone rules define default policies for incoming/outgoing network traffic and packets forwarded to other zones for specific network interface or a collection of interfaces. This differs from the general settings in that general settings set default policies for the traffic, which is undefined in zones settings. Zones allow for logical segmentation of different traffic types, which provides more flexibility for traffic management.

Based on your zones table, forwarding in both directions openvpn->LAN and LAN->openvpn is allowed, which it should be.