FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
270 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Dear all, I want to access my RUT955 via the internet (WebUI). However, I am not even able to ping it from a second computer. After reading a couple of forum posts, i still seem to be stuck.

The router is connected via a sim card and i can read out the mobile/wan ip from the device. I tried to disable all firewall rules to get a a basic setting (see picture). Before that, I tried to add the "Echo-request" rule without luck. Is there any way I can check further? Any hints?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Pings are enabled by default in all Teltonika devices.

The issue might be the IP address you have assigned by your ISP. Can you confirm that it really is a public IP? Could you share the first two octets of the address you can see in Network -> Interfaces next to mobile interface?

Also, there is a separate firewall rules to enable remote HTTP(S) access. You can also enable it in System -> Administration -> Access control section.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi,

sure, the first two octets are 100.96.**.** . However, they might change every few hours or days.

I attached the screenshot of the access control section. le me know if you need more info.

Cheers,

Hendrik

by anonymous
100.96.**.** is from address used by service providers as an intermediate network layer between your local network and public internet. It will not work for port forwarding. Maybe your ISP has a special APN to get a public IP, if your service plan includes one?