FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
347 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

how do you monitor firewall traffic on the RUTX11? If I try to enable it, it only allows me to select LAN or Hotspot (not another interface or zone)

I have another Interface which is in a seperate vlan and has its own firewall zone.

I just need to be able to confirm that no traffic is being blocked on that interface/zone only

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would suggest you to download TCPdump from Services -> Package manager, if it is not already installed.

Then, navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and in the troubleshoot section enable TCP dump. This will allow you to select network interface you want to monitor, set a few filters, if necessary, and begin packet capturing. The capture file can be downloaded from the same section later.  For more details check this page.

You can also start TCPdump via SSH and monitor the live packet capture or save captured packets to file.

Best regards,