FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
183 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Dear,

We are using a RUTX12 running the RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 firmware. We are using this device for in the field internet, for drone operators to get a live video and telemetry feed of the drone. We have a failover setup with WAN and 2 active modems. When the WAN is active the webrtc video stream is working perfectly. But when the failover is switched to one of the 2 modems the webrtc cannot connect anymore. The webrtc data channel is in our case a random udp port from 6970 to 9999. It seems that the firewall or routing is different on the mobile connection but I can't figure out why.

Kind regards,
Dimitri

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Is the issue still relevant?

Have you found a solution?

I am not particularly familiar wit the WebRTC protocol, however, it seems that for hosts behind NAT, which it likely is in your case, some TURN server is required to establish connection.

Also, I assume, for the connectivity to work, a public IP needs to be assigned for the router. Based on the troubleshoot file, only one of the modems has an address routable over the internet, the other is assigned with a CG - NATed address.

As for ports, for testing purposes, you can simply open the required range of UDP ports from the WebUI Network -> Firewall -> Traffic rules section. 

Best regards,

by anonymous

Dear,

We are still experiencing the same issue with the WebRTC streams. I want to clarify that we are using the Rut to provide internet on the client and not the server. So port forwarding should not be needed in this case.

I did some additional testing today. I took a new Rut and followed the wizard with minimal changes and the video stream worked. The Rut was initial on firmware RUTX_R_00.07.00. After testing I upgraded the firmware to RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 and the issue reappeared. 

This issue occurs only when we are using a 4G modem as internet connection. When we switch to a wired WAN the WebRTC streams works.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

by anonymous
If I understand correctly, stream over LTE works with 7.00 version, but does not work work with 7.02.7? If that is the case, would it be possible to get troubleshoot files from both versions working over LTE to look for differences?