FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
271 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi - I’m hoping to use all 8+2 ports on a TSW200 switch by using sfp to coppper rj45 adapters in the 2 sfp ports. Does anyone know if ports 7 & 8 on the switch mirror the sfp ports, or whether the 2 sfp ports can be used in addition to the 8 rj45 ports? I am having some random connection problems when using 10 devices plugged into this switch.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Could you describe to me the issues you're having? Are only certain ports affected? What kind of SFP -> RJ45 adapters are you using? Does the problem disappear when SFP modules are unplugged?

As for port mirroring, TSW200 has a separate logic for SFP connections, so this should not be an issue. However, TSW200 only supports standard SFP, not SFP+, so I'd recommend checking what technology the adapter uses.

Another aspect that could be causing the issue could be incompatible PoE devices. TSW200 only supports active PoE (802.3af/at) at 30W max per port and 240W max total power budget.

Await your response.

Best regards,

DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks for your reply. Your answer has helped rule out any issues using all 10 ports at once.

The SFP adapters are GBICS for Cisco Meraki - they are standard type 1GB throughput (not the 10GB) - I'm not using PoE. GBICS assure me that the Cisco ones should be universal. I need to test more when i'm back on site, but on first glance it seemed as if normal internet traffic was being passed through the SFP port adapter but some ports were being blocked. I don't think this is possible with a layer 2 device but wasn't sure what the adapters do inside? So I need to get back and test more.

Regards, Dieter
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for clarifying!

It does seem strange, as TSW200 is an unmanaged switch. When on-site, would it be possible to test if the switch behaves correctly when in operation without SFP modules and when using SFP modules only?

Awaiting your response!
Best regards,

DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thanks for your responses - problem sorted as it turned out to be faulty ethernet cable. To confirm the CISCO SFP adapters do work fine for up & down link in the TSW200.

Regards, Dieter