FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
330 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

Just to clarify about the function im not sure if i understand how it works.

I setup 2 sims.

On sim 1 i say after 1000mb in a week switch to sim 2.(data limit/automatic switching)

After the data limit is erased after a week does sim 2 switch back to sim 1 or do i need to configure something further.

Best regards,

Tansu Punar

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

SIM switch from secondary to default happens only after a set timer. However, if, after switching back to the primary SIM, conditions, such as no network or data limit, are still present, it will switch back to the secondary.

Best regards,
by anonymous

Alright thank you.

So i have a sim 1 with a datalimit use x amount of mb in a month switch to sim 2

.So do i set sim 2 Switch back to default SIM card after timeout 43800 or what do i need to do ?

Best regards

Tansu

by anonymous

The workflow is as follows: configure data limit for SIM1 in Network -> Interfaces. Then in Network -> Mobile -> SIM switch enable SIM switch for SIM1 with On data limit slider button set to on, Save and apply. Enable SIM switch for SIM2 with Switch back to default SIM card after timeout enabled and some timeout value in minutes. 

by anonymous
Hello,

I got this setup and working.

The only thing i wonder is when the timeout valeu is set.

the sim disconnects to check if it can connect to the other sim.

is there a way to make a implement when a timeout is set the sim checks if the other sim is available without disconnecting?
by anonymous
Since the router has only one modem, it has to disconnect from one network, to check and attempt connection to the other.