FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
722 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I'm trying to read some values from the RUT955 modbus register - following the Wiki 

But the RUT seems to refuse to accept incoming connections – when I use ModSim instead of the RUT it works. With the RUT I get
Connection to (192.168.0.97, 502) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Using FW VERSION: RUT9_R_00.07.02.7
 my parameters are the default ones:

Parameter: Allow Remote Access on/off doesn’t help either

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Tobi

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Your settings look fine on the RUT955.  Are you connecting directly to the Router or are you remote?  What application are you using to read the Modbus registers on the RUT955?  I used qModMaster and was able to successfully read the registers.  Is it possible you are using the Register address as the Start Address?  This would be incorrect; the Register Number should be the Start Address.

So, for example:

For System Uptime (Register number = 2) you would set:

Start address = 2

Number of registers = 2

For System temperature (in 0.1 °C) (Register number = 6) you would set:

Start address = 6

Number of registers = 2

by anonymous

Hi,

thanks for the explanation with the “Register Number” and the “Start Address”

I think I fail before even trying to read from the registers…..

so far, I used "ModScan64" but I also gave “qModMaster” a try this morning but I immediately get this error message:

"ERROR 2022-11-15T08:54:33.438 ..\..\qModMaster\src\modbusadapter.cpp @ 136 Connection to IP :  "192.168.0.97" : 502 ...failed. Could not connect to TCP port"

I’m using the RUT955 as a switch – so no one else involved … Do I need to set up the ports somewhere in the RUT955? Didn’t notice anything regarding this in the wiki so I did not….

Kind regards
Tobias Blattner

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Could you private message me a troubleshoot file for the RUT955? On the RUT955 Modbus TCP Slave configuration page Enable Keep persistent connection. 

To download the troubleshoot file via WebUI:

System → Administration → Troubleshoot

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Administration#Troubleshoot_2

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Another thought, is 192.168.0.97 the LAN IP address of your router or the IP address of your computer?  If 192.168.0.97 is the IP address of your computer change it to the IP address of the Lan interface for the router and test

Thanks,

Jeremy
by anonymous

Hi,

I send the the troubleshoot file via pn....

My network participants are:

RUT955 - 192.168.0.97 (FW: RUT9_R_00.07.02.7)
PC - 192.168.0.2 (running qModMaster)
ModbusMaster - 192.168.0.93 (the one which should get the data in the end)

So desperate times require desperate measures so I took an “old” modem from the shelf
(FW: RUT9XX_R_00.06.07) send it to factory settings, set the LAN IP back to 192.168.0.97 an enabled modbus and voila it seems to
run right away ....

Kind regards
Tobi