FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
518 views 3 comments
by anonymous

I upgraded the firmware from RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.6 to RUT2_R_00.07.02.7.

Before the upgrade I had a Openvpn server running and I could connect without issues from Openvpn GUI (win10) and from my mobile on IOS. Since the upgrade this does not work.

I have deleted the entry on the router and configure from scratch. I can't get this to work again.

The server start without problems according to the log:

The Openvpn GUI on WIN10 log shows this:

2022-11-14 06:54:09 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]xx:1956 failed: Unknown error (I removed the IP)

I cannot see anything in the router log other than this message which now appear frequently since the upgrade:

Mon Nov 14 06:45:28 2022 daemon.notice openvpn(Rut240Sr)[5502]: Initialization Sequence Completed
Mon Nov 14 06:46:08 2022 daemon.err odhcp6c[3342]: Failed to send SOLICIT message to ff02::1:2 (Permission denied)

I have also an Openvpn client on this router which connects without issues with an Openvpn server on another router.

Obviously something is different but I cannot find it.

Can anybody help?

I attached a file with log details and configs

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It would be more helpful to receive a complete troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach the file by editing your question. 

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I have done the test and uploaded the troubleshoot file and the Openvpn GUI log
by anonymous
Could you check the public IP your Desktop client is trying to connect to as they appear to differ.

IP assigned to mobile interface: x.y.z.56;

IP client connects to: x.y.z.236
by anonymous
Seems my DDNS service was not updated

Thanks