FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,086 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hy,

I have noticed that my Teltonika RUT950 can't connect to My router RB4011iGS via OpenVPN Server. I can only connect with l2pt.

I have made logs on mikrotik and saw the error:

"16:41:49 ovpn,debug,error,l2tp,64064,13592,64064,51884,13252,3816,l2tp,info,3820,critical duplicate packet, dropping "

I saw some post about it but no certain awnsers.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

I can connect with my PC via OpenVPN and also mobile phone with no problems in LAN or WAN, but not with teltonika.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to review your configuration of Teltonika device.

Replicate your configuration, try to make connection to the OpenVPN server, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach the file by editing your question.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I have uploaded the file in the edited text
by anonymous

Client side logs do not indicate any specific issues, other than the OVPN connection resets. 

Could you double check if both, client and server, use correct certificates, and login credentials?

Could you provide more logs from the server side, to see connection attempt messages and server configuration?

Did you set correct server IP address?

Are you using valid certificates?

Are any other connections to the server using the same configuration/username?

You could also check the configuration example from this link.

by anonymous

On my mikrotik log shows only:
13:40:55 ovpn,info TCP connection established from 192.168.1.104
13:40:55 ovpn,debug,error,l2tp,64152,38168,64152,10924,37828,65032,l2tp,info,65036,debug duplicate packet, dropping

Your questions:
- I have used certificates that i have on my PC (i tried connecting via Open and it works normaly), that i copied from router.
- Yes, the remote server (WAN) IP is correct
- The certificates are valid  (they work on my PC and mobilephone)
- Can't be. Only 1 username/pass is for RUT955 no one else. i have also tried with my pass but still did not work.

About the link. i have tried from this one LINK but did not work. ill see if there is anything different with yours.

by anonymous

Could you try adding duplicate-cn option to your server configuration, if you are reusing certificates?

Also, what is the 192.168.1.1 device in your network, which provides WAN connectivity to the RUT?

Could you unplug it and try connecting over mobile WAN?

by anonymous
I don't think so.

192.168.1.1 is my LAN.. i have RUT connected to my network via it's WAN but i have also tried over mobile data as WAN but still the same problem.
by anonymous

Hello,

sorry for the delayed response.

ovpn,debug,error,l2tp,64152,38168,64152,10924,37828,65032,l2tp,info,65036,debug duplicate packet, dropping

It seems like this error does not actually close the tunnel and is only informative.

There should be another error in the OpenVPN server logs, that could lead us to the right way of diagnosing this problem.

It seems like logs from the MikroTik side can be generated by following this link.

Best regards,

Daumantas G.