FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
210 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Reboot via ssh does not work. Just gives this message.

root@Teltonika-RUT300:/etc# reboot
modem GPIO with label modem is not available

Reboot via web locks device in a useless state where it recieves ping, however is no longer reachable via ssh or web.

Requires a power reest to continue operaion.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Cold you provide more details, on how the issue occurred? Did you make any configuration changes, ere there any power outages, etc?

Could you try reflashing router's firmware via bootloader menu, following instructions provided here?

Otherwise, please provide a troubleshoot file from the router. 

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks for the Answer.

After factory reset, the "modem GPIO with label modem is not available" is still there, however the device reboots. So this was actually not the issue. Also nothing in the system log, just

Tue Nov 15 13:10:20 2022 kern.info Request from SSH / Web UI,

Tue Nov 15 12:53:03 2022 daemon.info procd: - shutdown -

Then business as usual (no shutdown). Also nothing in dmesg.

I also had some issued because I used up most of the flash (partly my fault, partly the behaviour of the default backup).

*Finally*, the issue has to do with my script running out of /etc/rc.local

3400 root      1604 S    /bin/sh /etc/config/autoatten/autoatten.sh

The script is only using snmpget and curl. If I kill 3400, the device reboots.
Is there a simple way to run this script from /etc/rc.local AND still have a working reboot funtion?
by anonymous

Hello,

sorry for the delayed response.

It does indeed seem like continuously running user scripts prevent the device from rebooting.

To avoid this, I'd recommend transferring your script to a regular script file and adding it to the crontab service.

Instructions on how to achieve this can be found here.

Best regards,

DaumantasG