FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
327 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I am having trouble setting up port forwarding for some external devices. Since the router has only 1 LAN port, I have plugged in that LAN port a LAN switch and hooked 2 other devices on that LAN switch. I have set up the router for remote access (I have SIM card with a public static IP) and remote access for the router works, but there is no way to access the other two devices via port forwarding and nothing seems to be working.

I have set the router IP on 192.168.1.1 port 80
Device 1: 192.168.1.102 port 82
Device 2: 192.168.1.103 port 83

And as stated, it doesn't seem to be working, except router access.
by anonymous
Can you arrange a remote device and configuration check?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate your configuration, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,

by anonymous

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=5343035095166851276

The only thing I have changed is the custom APN (for privacy reasons) and the legit one works.
Thanks in advance, best regards

by anonymous

Hello,

No worries about privacy.

To begin with, IP that gets assigned to mobile interface, when you have custom APN custom configured is 10.247.139.244, which is not a publicly routable address, with a gateway pointing to 10.247.139.245, meaning that your provider performs additional NAT.

When you set a modified APN, router receives 10.51.0.142, which cannot work for port forwarding too.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Yes, the testing APN was set for "privacy" reasons, anyways, yes the static ip 10.247.139.244 is then our custom configured APN that works, but I am not able to port forward more than one device. Since the trb140 has only one LAN port, I have expanded it with a switch, which also works, but the port forwarding doesn't.
I might also add, the port forwarding with the same APN and same devices worked on a cheap huawei modem before and this trb140 was supposed to be the upgarded solution for that.
Any ideas?

The "real" troubleshoot file
https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=5499445448526978174

Best regards

by anonymous

I should also mention that the trb140 was advertised as the improved alternative to the inexpensive Huawei modem on which port forwarding with the same APN and the same devices had previously worked.

backrooms game

by anonymous
Would it be possible to arrange a remote to check on your device and configuration?
0 votes
by anonymous

Can you arrange a remote device and configuration check?

backrooms