FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
604 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

We will be replacing RUT955 with RUT956 device, with regards to this I would like to know the necessary steps involved to get this migration done.

Will it be possible to import the backup config file from RUT955 to RUT956 device directly as I read "Only configuration file from identical device with same or lower firmware version can be uploaded".

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately you cannot import backup config file from RUT955 to RUT956, backup config file can be uploaded on the device that have same product code (same FW or newer)

Best Regards
by anonymous
Thanks for your reply.
by anonymous

Using the SCP protocol on Linux-based devices or the more user-friendly WinSCP on Windows-based devices, certain configuration data might be transmitted between the routers to streamline the setup. 

octordle

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, simply uploading backup from RUT955 to RUT956 will not be accepted primarily due to hardware differences (CPU chips, modem modules, switch port hardware) between devices. 

To simplify the configuration, some configuration data could be transferred between the routers using SCP protocol in Linux machines, or more user friendly WinSCP in Windows(for more details, please refer here). Configuration files are stored in router's /etc/config/ directory.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks for your reply,

Are you referring to the configuration files listed in https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/UCI_command_usage#Configuration_files that could be transferred between routers using SCP protocol.? Does it mean I can transfer all the below config files from RUT955 to RUT956.?

/etc/config/firewall

/etc/config/mosquitto

/etc/config/mqtt_pub

/etc/config/modbus

/etc/config/network

/etc/config/openvpn

/etc/config/system

/etc/config/teltonika

by anonymous

That is correct.

I would like to note that since the devices have different switch architecture, options related to physical interface and switch settings should not be copied from /network file.

Also, devices differ in firmware versions and product codes, thus only sections from /system file should be copied.

The rest should not disrupt device operation, as long as their firmware versions match (RUT9M_R_00.07.02.7 to RUT9_R_00.07.02.7). Also, relevant packages (MQTT, MODBUS) will have to be installed manually.