FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
145 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I want to connect Allen Bradley ControlLogix  PLC with RUT950  and i want to remotely access the PLC and show the data of the PLC to SCADA Software.

how can i do this?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

The best way to achieve this would be to use a VPN, which would allow you to connect to remote sites into one subnet and would allow your SCADA software to reach the device on its local IP address.

You could use any VPN solution, OpenVPN, IPsec, WireGuard, Zerotier or ther.

If you do not have a VPN server we can recommend using our RMS VPN solution.

You can find a step-by-step guide on how to use it on our youtube channel here

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I am not familiar with Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLCs, and it would help if you could provide more details on what services, protocols and data transmission types are required for your application.

However, in terms of remote access, there are two ways to achieve this:

• VPN:

RUT950 supports a number of VPN protocols. For the reference configurations, check the following links:

1. OpenVPN link. Instructions here are made for legacy design firmware, but apply for current RutOS as well.
  2. Wireguard link.
  3. IPsec link.
  • RMS VPN HUB:

Teltonika also provides it's own cloud solution, Remote Management System, which allows to monitor and manage both, the router and the devices connected to the routers. The feature to allow remote access to your controller that I would suggest is VPN HUB. You can see how RMS is configured to enable remote access in this video.

Best regards,