FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,550 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am experiencing this issue time by time with a couple of RUT955 devices where I have an application which read/write from/to files in the mounted SD card.

What can be the reason, causing the SD card to go periodically in read-only mode?

How to avoid this behavior and to unlock the situation without rebooting/restarting the devices?

Thanks.
by anonymous

I think part of the problem is the entry

errors=remount-ro

I see it when entering

mount

But 2 questions arise:

1. where is this set? The /etc/fstab is redirected to an non existent file /tmp/fstab as

ls -lah /etc/fstab

shows

2. How can I track the error that leads to remounting? I cannot find anything relevant with

logread

2 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

What file system you are using?
by anonymous
Hi, the filesystem is vfat.

Here is the corresponding entry from the mount command:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt/mmcblk0p1 type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
by anonymous

The router supports the following file system architectures:

• FAT32*
  • NTFS**

* supports SD cards with a capacity of up to 32 GB
** NTFS support available from FW version RUT9XX_R_00.05.02 and newer

by
I have the same problem but using FAT32, works for days and then my RUT 955 makes my filesystem read only. I made no chnages at all :(
by
Hi,

I have the same problem as the OP. It is very cumbersome that you have to schedule reboots to the devices every now and then.

We are using lots of RUT955 and RUT950 that have scripts that read and write to the SD card and at first I thought it was a problem with the SD Card, but now that we have more routers with the same issue, it doesn't look like it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
by anonymous

The command

cat /proc/filesystems

shows vfat listed, not fat32, so the output of mount seems right to me. My SD card is formatted outside the router with FAT32. Is there an official way of formatting it correctly inside the router?

0 votes
by anonymous
Same problem here with this "highly reliable" product!

FAT32 SD CARD read-only
by anonymous
...and no help from the support. We should all give back our products and see the company suffer...