FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
100 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a EE UK SIM in SIM1 and a backup Vodafone SIM in SIM 2 within a RUTX11 (latest firmware). Switching manually or automatically to SIM2/Voda happens seamlessly, with connection established within 10 seconds. However, when switching back to SIM1/EE, the connection take 1-2 mins to get established. It's has a solid -51dBi signal quality and we have line of sight. I am using auto APN, and the correct APN details are populated - it just takes far too long.

Any ideas on what could be causing this, or things to troubleshoot? Network screen details attached.

Thanks for the help!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Does the connection establishment itself take 1 - 2 mins or does it take this amount of time to initiate the SIM switch, as attempts to switch from secondary to primary can only be configured after a certain timeout value?

If you set Vodafone as a primary and EE as secondary, does the switch also take the same amount of time?   

It would be helpful if you could provide troubleshoot file from your RUTX11, to see what is happening between switches. First make some SIM switches, to generate some log entries, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach the file by editing your question or send it in a private message.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for the response. The time I'm referring to is once the modem reboots and and some network parameters are identified in the Status -> Network tab... it sits in disconnected for a 1-2mins, and then establishes a data connection. With the EE SIM, the connection is established within 10-20 seconds. Both have auto APN.

I have not tested Vodafone as primary - something I will get round to doing as time allows (may be the weekend). I will revert back.

Thanks