FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
260 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi team,

I have a RUT955 running RUT9_R_00.07.02. It won't accept configuration updates and has lost mobile data connection a couple of times requiring a hard power reset.

I connected via WinSCP and attempted to load in a periodic reset config as a first attempt. The modem reported: scp: /etc/config/periodic_reboot: No space left on device

I tried to remove one of the profile files, as suggested on another post: rm: can't remove 'default.md5': No space left on device

root@Teltonika-RUT955:/etc/profiles# df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/root                 9.8M      9.8M         0 100% /rom
tmpfs                    61.0M    320.0K     60.6M   1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock6            3.9M      1.5M      2.4M  38% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay        3.9M      1.5M      2.4M  38% /
tmpfs                   512.0K         0    512.0K   0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock7          576.0K    568.0K      8.0K  99% /log

root@Teltonika-RUT955:/etc/profiles# uname -a
Linux Teltonika-RUT955.com 5.4.147 #0 Tue Aug 31 22:20:08 2021 mips GNU/Linux

root@Teltonika-RUT955:/etc/profiles# cat /proc/cpuinfo
system type             : Atheros AR9344 rev 2
machine                 : Teltonika RUT9XX
processor               : 0
cpu model               : MIPS 74Kc V4.12
BogoMIPS                : 273.66
wait instruction        : yes
microsecond timers      : yes
tlb_entries             : 32
extra interrupt vector  : yes
hardware watchpoint     : yes, count: 4, address/irw mask: [0x0ffc, 0x0ffc, 0x0ffb, 0x0ffb]
isa                     : mips1 mips2 mips32r1 mips32r2
ASEs implemented        : mips16 dsp dsp2
Options implemented     : tlb 4kex 4k_cache prefetch mcheck ejtag llsc dc_aliases perf_cntr_intr_bit perf
shadow register sets    : 1
kscratch registers      : 0
package                 : 0
core                    : 0
VCED exceptions         : not available
VCEI exceptions         : not available

Linux version 5.4.147 (app@runner-wcht1mz7-project-352-concurrent-0) (gcc version 8.4.0 (OpenWrt GCC 8.4.0 r16279-5cc0535800)) #0 Tue Aug 31 22:20:08 2021

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Based on the output of the df command, there should be sufficient amount of available memory.

The interesting thing, or rather worrying, in your troubleshoot file is the extensive list of blocked IP addresses in /etc/config/ip_blockd file, which indicates numerous attempts to login to your device vis SSH WAN port. 

A suggestion now would be to reset the device to factory defaults, to check if it becomes responsive and allows for firmware updates. 

As an alternative, firmware update via bootloader menu would be more advisable. However, in this instance, it is likely, that the latest firmware you could update to is this. You would need to proceed to current RutOS afterwards.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Do you know if the modem will connect to the network on the auto apn and then connect to RMS without any local user intervention?

I went to test on a modem I have on the bench here, but this spare RUT955 has bigger problems (a stubbornly missing Mobile interface).

The modem on site is currently acting as a Modbus RS485 Gateway for some important data, which is one thing that it's managed to keep doing reliably. If I lose that configuration and cannot reset it, it will be a bit disastrous for us.
by anonymous

If your operator is included in this database, you should be able to connect to mobile network with auto setting, and, as long as the device is connected, you will have RMS access.

However, it is rather risky, considering the possible impact of malfunction. If change would be attempted, I would suggest to create a configuration profile, with custom set APN. This way you will be able to revert to current configuration with SMS commands. As an alternative there is another SMS command to modify APN settings: cellular for remote configuration. 

by anonymous
Just thinking more on the ip_blockd file... does it ever clean itself out? I have a few modems in the wild with public facing IP addresses, but not static, so the chances of someone hitting those ranges just looking for an opening are very high.

On a side note, I've confirmed that a modem on my provider will reconnect to RMS after a factory reset. I'm just struggling to login to the problem child right now, so cannot confirm original issue fixed yet.
by anonymous

Blocked addresses have to be removed manually from the WebUI System -> Administration -> Access control section, Security tab, unless Clean after reboot option is enabled.