FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,598 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Is it possible to connect 2x2 MIMO antenna to RUTX50 as we need mainly upload speed?

If it is, which connectors should be used for two antenna cables (standard antennas cannot be installed inside enclosure)?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It is possible, however, keep in mind that the modem is designed to operate having all four antennas connected.

Having done some testing, I have noticed, that the modem gets connectivity and is able to perform carrier aggregation, not having antennas connected to all of the connectors, however, received signal quality is reduced as a result. For example, signal quality metrics, when only two antenna connectors are used:

For comparison, metrics, when all of the connectors are attached to antennas:

How to read this output: "Primary carrier component (basically a tag to a frequency band)", Carrier frequency, Bandwidth (100 - 20MHz, 50 - 10MHz), Band information, cell state (1 - registered), Physical cell ID, RSRP, RSRQ, RSSI, RSSNR.

The thing to remark from those outputs, is that using less connectors has a significant impact on the reception quality.

In terms of separate connectors, each of them serve a different purpose. For a reference, below is a picture with details for what each connector is used for.

Best regards,

by anonymous
SO, When I Havel only two Connectors of my external antenna, which Connectors should I use at the Router?

Dies IT make sense to use the rod antennas for the two FREE Connectors of the Router?

Why do I have netter speedtest using the Handy without the Router?

Thanks
by anonymous

SO, When I Havel only two Connectors of my external antenna, which Connectors should I use at the Router?

• Have your antennas attached to ANT0 and ANT3 connectors, if you have only two connectors. These are primary transmission/reception channels for all LTE/5G frequency bands.

Dies IT make sense to use the rod antennas for the two FREE Connectors of the Router?

• Having all antennas attached is better from impedance matching, power radiation efficiency and equipment protection perspectives. It might help improve connection quality.

Why do I have netter speedtest using the Handy without the Router?

• Could you please clarify, what is Handy?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Handy is a stupid German word for mobile phone!
by anonymous

Som I have a Poynting XPOL24 https://poynting.tech/antennas/xpol-24/

It should have support for 4x4MIMO. The two pair of plugs are marked CELL1 MAIN and CELL1 AUX/DIV; CELL2 MAIN and CELL2 AUX/DIV.

What would be the optimal way of connecting. I have mainly tested CELL1 MAIN to ANT0, CELL1 AUX to ANT1, CELL2 MAIN to ANT2 and CELL2 AUX to ANT3.

It is a long distance to basestation. some dropouts and viriable speed. Seen anything fra 40-200.
RSSI around -75 SINR around 18-19.

Thanks,
Ivar

by anonymous

Hello,

I would suggest to switch CELL2 MAIN to ANT3 and CELL2 AUX to ANT2, as ANT0 and ANT3 are the main transmitting/receiving channels.

I did not find data, whether the antennas themselves associated to MAIN and AUX cables differ, thus, cannot tell, if it has any impact on performance. However, signal characteristics in router's WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile page should to help identify the best setup.

Considering that you already achieve RSSI around -75 and SINR values around 18-19dB, these indicate almost excellent communication conditions and should provide reliable data connectivity.

Best regards,