FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
2,987 views 2 comments
by
Hello,

I'm configuring a new RUTX09 via WebGUI.

After changing LAN ex:

192.168.20.1 255.255.255.0

192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0

192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0

Via wizard or via configuration you loose connectivity, the router doesn't give DHCP anymore. I found a way to let it work again turning off the DHCP server, save and apply and then turning ON the DHCP server again save and apply. But this shouldn't happen.

4 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

What firmware version you are using?
+1 vote
by

RUTX_R_00.01.03

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

I have tested the scenario you described and it seems to work fine. When LAN network address is changed you are prompted with a question to apply or revert changes. Clicking "apply" will change to new LAN network subsequently changing your need to attain new IP address too. If you already have the IP address released to you from previous network pool, then you would need to reload interface or renew to receive an IP address from the new pool.
+1 vote
by
I have done exactly what you wrote, but the router doesn't provide any dhcp, i already tryed to:

ipconfig /renew

or

ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew

without receiving any IP from dhcp server.

The only one way to have IP again is turning off dhcp server and restart it (after changing subnet)
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you send me the troubleshoot file? To send troubleshoot file click on my account and there should be an option "Send private message".
by
That sounds like the issue I had with the DHCP server not providing an IP, I did change the IP range also.  Eventually I reset the box and started over, but I don't think I've changed the IP as yet since....