FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
235 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have used the RUT240 in a few applications, but recently had an issue with a device resetting for unknown reasons. I had configured WiFi settings on a device and verified it to be working correctly. After the power was disconnected, the next time the device was powered up, the factory settings had been restored. This is out-the-box firmware. Any ideas what may cause that to happen? Am I missing something obvious? Just update firmware?

Thanks,

Adam

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Is this an issue with a single device or several devices?

Was the power outage a regular or something out of ordinary with possible voltage or current spikes, able to damage the device? 

Did you have any complex configurations on the router?

What services have you had running on the device at the time?

Did you have remote HTTP(S) or SSH access enabled on standard ports of the device?

It is always suggested to use latest firmware, thus, in any case, I suggest to download it from here, and, independent of the currently installed version, update it with Keep settings option disabled. Keep in mind that this will erase your configuration, but, if the difference between firmwares is more than two iterations, will help to avoid possible errors and malfunctions caused by migration.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
This is at least one device. This is a regular power outage, the device is off-grid and powered by 12V leisure battery. The configurations are basic. Only running WiFi and 4G, no complex configurations.

At a minimum I'll be using the latest firmware in future, thanks.

Regards

edit to add: Thanks for the quick reply!
by anonymous
Without logs it is difficult to estimate, but the logs are deleted on each reboot. If occurrences such as this would become more frequent, I would suggest to enable saving of the logs to flash memory. Be aware, that this increases the wear of the flash memory, thus it should not be enabled for long very periods.

Is there anything special about environment conditions the device is in: cold/heat/humidity?
by anonymous
The environment is not controlled so may have dropped down to something like 5°C overnight, but nothing extreme.