FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
219 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

we're using TRB-140 and I'd like to log signal quality data via SNMP. However, according to the current MIB and to a manual SNMP walk I did, EC/IO and RSCP are not provided via SNMP, while `gsmctl` can read these values.

Would it be possible to add these values, so that we can record the complete data via SNMP?

Thank you,

Martin

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried with: snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.1 .1 ? For some mysterious reason snmpwalk misses the enterprise section.

Regards,

by anonymous
Would that actually help? The MIB itself doesn't contain any key for these values.

The MIB I downloaded from the device has its "Mobile" section identical to the listing here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/index.php?title=RUT955_SNMP&section=T-6&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#SNMP_variables_list , i.e. no EC/IO or RSCP in there...
by anonymous
RSCP seems to be missing. Can you access SINR RSSI RSRP ... ?
by anonymous
Yes, SINR, RSRQ, RSRP and Signal (RSSI) do work.
by anonymous
Hello,

EC/IO and RSCP data is not available to extract from SNMP. Implementing your desired object identifiers would require additional development. Would you describe your use case and how many devices are in question? I would forward it s a suggestion to the development team.

Best regards,
by anonymous

I've tried this command to get all float values:

snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.140 .1 | grep 'STRING: "-\?[0-9]*\.[0-9*]"'

It returned only SINR and RSRQ:

iso.3.6.1.4.1.48690.2.2.1.19.1 = STRING: "13.1"
iso.3.6.1.4.1.48690.2.2.1.21.1 = STRING: "-8.0"

As for the use-case and number of devices - we only have two devices and do not plan for more in the near future. We run the modem on a mobile robot and would like to log all data we can for post-mission analysis. With these two values missing, the picture is not complete (although I must admit that 3G is switched off in most parts of our country now, so here it is not such a big problem, but we sometimes travel abroad).

On the other hand, adding two lines of code (I assume) to the SNMP mod should not be that much development work :)