FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
293 views 6 comments
by anonymous

I have recently purchased credits and two of my RUT 240s will not register. This is what comment I get ' The device is not registered, which means it has never connected to RMS, therefore monitoring information will not be shown.'

It has previously worked but did not come back on-line after adding new credit.

Thanks in advance  

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Can you please check if the RMS monitoring service for the device is enabled in RMS?

For this, login to your RMS account on the RMS webpage and navigate to Services -> Management -> Toggle monitoring slider to 'ON' for the device. This will enable monitoring for that particular device.

Do you see the device in the RMS Dashboard? (Management -> Devices). What is the status of the device?

When it comes to enabling RMS, there are three main steps:

• Add your devices to the RMS platform. Instructions are available HERE.(Video available HERE.) Skip if your device is already added.
  • Enable RMS on the device. For this, connect to the WebUI of the device and navigate to Services -> Cloud solutions -> RMS -> RMS Settings -> Connection type: choose Enabled -> click Save & Apply. 
  • Enable device monitoring via RMS in Services -> Management -> Monitoring.

These are the main steps. 

If everything is configured and monitoring is enabled, but you cannot monitor your device via RMS, there might be other issues that need investigation.

Let me know if these steps helped and then we can proceed with the investigation further if needed.

Kind Regards,

Andzej.

by anonymous
Hello, I have not set up the RMS.........Toggle is on. Previously worked ok when I have added credits.......
by anonymous
Hi,

Do you have any more issues, or is everything working fine now?

Kind Regards,

Andzej
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello........No I am still having issues. My devices are still NOT connected.
by anonymous

Hi,

Please, send me a private message and include your RMS company name / ID as written in RMS. (In RMS navigate to Users -> Companies). 

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hi, how do I send you a private message?
by anonymous
Hi,

To send me a private message, click on my profile picture. This will open a new page with my information. Under my profile picture, you will see a green button 'Send private message'.

Kind Regards,

Andzej
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

After looking at the details you have provided, device with serial number 1123078488 is not added to RMS at all.

The other device is not activated. I would like you to ensure a few things:

• Both devices are turned on;
  • Both the devices have internet connectivity;
  • Ports and IPs required for RMS are not blocked by your firewall;
  • The devices are not in some private network with no access to internet.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello

• Yes both devices are turned on and are currently sending data
  • Yes both devices have internet connection via SIM
  • Ports are not blocked as they have been previously connected to the RMS dashboard and I have been able to monitor date usage
  • Devices are not in a private network
As mentioned, both devices have been working on the RMS dashboard, however it was only when I added new credits I lost connection.
Regards