FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
143 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Dear Mr/Mrs,

Our cloud server is using the SMS gateway of an RUT240 with firmware: RUT2_R_00.07.02.7

since last week the post/get syntax is not finishing correctly with the default "OK" message. I did the syntax manually on my PC the first time it's working correctly, the second time  it gets stucked resulting in in a loop. See the attached picture.

Not giving the feedback message"OK" resulting in a lot of errors on our server and devices.

Our cloud server is using the post/get syntax quite a lot when IoT devices are online in the field. The sms gateway is sending some meta information to the phones of our operators. We have also several groups, with 5 or 10 people in a group.

Are the hardware /CPU capabilities of the RUT240 strong enough for this type of application or do we need some stronger and faster hardware like the RUTX14 to do this.

Thankyou.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Do you have an estimate of GET requests RUT240 has to process over a certain period of time?

Does the issue resolve itself after some time or the feedback message is never displayed and some actions have to be performed on the device, e.g. device reboot/power cycle?

Have you made any router's configuration changes recently or updated firmware with Keep settings option enabled?

Do you have additional services running on the router?

Could you replicate the issue and generate a troubleshoot file from the RUT240 after it occurs? The logs in the file might provide relevant information in diagnosing the issue. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Send it in a private message or attach by editing your question.

Files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Dear Mr/Mrs, see my answers on your questions in Red. The problem solved a few hours ago we don't know why???

Do you have an estimate of GET requests RUT240 has to process over a certain period of time?

When we have only 1 device with a problem, about 1 request per minute would be made. It might occur that 2 requests are send within 30 seconds, but in that case the 1st request was succcessful. At the moment 2 numbers are in the group, we want to go to at least 5.

Does the issue resolve itself after some time or the feedback message is never displayed and some actions have to be performed on the device, e.g. device reboot/power cycle?

Yes the problem solved a few hours ago, we don't know why. Even after a few reboots the device is working as expected.

Have you made any router's configuration changes recently or updated firmware with Keep settings option enabled?

I did the last FW update 2 month's ago, i always use the "keep settings" option, we came from the old Legacy firmware the RUT240 is several years old. We did a factory reset this week and restored the configuration, but that didn't help.

I changed some settings at the beginning of this week, however nothing changed in it's behavior.

Do you have additional services running on the router?

Yes,

1. Dynamic DNS  service with duckdns.org
  2. NTP client
  3. Ping Reboot
  4. Reboot Scheduler
  5. SMS utilities

Could you replicate the issue and generate a troubleshoot file from the RUT240 after it occurs? The logs in the file might provide relevant information in diagnosing the issue. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Send it in a private message or attach by editing your question.

We did this test yesterday (24-11-2022), see attachment for the trouble shoot file.

I did not use our devices to replicate the issue, but used http to send a request to the router:
http://.../cgi-bin/sms_send?username=UN&password=PW&number=00316xx&text=hallotest1

I did this 4 times, test1, test2,test3 and test4, with each 40 seconds in between.
With test1 the browser returned an OK
With test2 the browser returned nothing
With test3 the browser returned a timeout after 40 seconds
With test4 the browser returned a timeout after 30 seconds

I received 4 text messages: test1,test2,test2,test2. I feel that it is a coincidence that I send 4 requests and receive 4 messages, because I have also seen that I receive 2 messages when I do only 1 request.

The 4th message was not received yet when I downloaded the troubleshoot file.