FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
748 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

Just received the RUTX50 and testing the 4G LTE performance compared to my RUTX14. I found one strange thing, which I can not understand.

On both devices I set the Carrier Aggregation to "Auto" under Network -> Mobile -> General.

On my RUTX50 the admin web interface state Connection type "4G (FDD LTE)" and Carrier Aggregation to be "Single" when checking the connection under Status -> Network -> Mobile.

While my RUTX14 state Connection type "4G+ (FDD LTE-A)" and Carrier Aggregation "Tripple" in the web interface.

Should not the RUTX50 also state Carrier Aggregation other than "Single", or is the value treated different as it is a CAT20 modem? Speed indicates some sort of aggregation. I assume this as I get more speed when set to "Auto", rather than when locking the modem to a single specific band under Network -> Mobile -> General -> Band Selection.

Is it as it should, or do the RUTX50 web interface show the incorrect value?

Running CLI command, show the same value on both devices.

root@Teltonika-RUTX50:~# gsmctl -t

FDD LTE

root@Teltonika-RUTX14:~# gsmctl -t

FDD LTE

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

RUTX50 at the moment does indeed represent incorrect carrier aggregation data in web interface. This is a known issue, which will be solved in 7.3 firmware. At the moment, you can get this dava tia CLI, using the command below:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+QCAINFO'

Best regards,

by anonymous
Simliar issue

The modem does not want to CA when I enable band 28 LTE, in that situation it always connects to this band as it has the best signal strength, the problem is however band 28 always has poor S/N when using this modem router and in my instlaltion it is installed in a roaming structure (ship) yet it will always have poor S/N.

My work around at the moment is to disable band 28 LTE, this then forces the modem to connect to band 3 and will often then connect to duel B3 transmitters or CA with B3 and B1 and sometimes a 5G band (depending on location)