FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
536 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi, I've recently purchased your RUTX14 router and upgraded it to the most recent firmware (RUTX_R_00.07.02.7). For the first week I never noticed any problem as my usage has been quite low. But I have needed to download some large files yesterday and today and It's constantly dropping 4g. The only way to fix the issue is to restart the router and wait awhile for it to reconnect. this has left me unable to download the files I need as the connection needs constant supervision. I read on here that quite a few people have had the exact same issue and that there was a recommendation to update the modem version. I followed the process but it fails to download one package and when you select the firmware you want to upgrade to it also fails to apply it which also happened to another user here. I've downloaded the the previous firmware from your site and flashed that instead but the modem version is still the same EG12EAPAR01A09M4G and the problem is still persisting. I will attach the troubleshooting file but would very much appreciate a workaround or a known good firmware that can fix this problem as the router is almost useless for me at this stage.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Based on the file, currently, your device firmware is RUTX_R_00.07.02.6.

Your device takes some time to establish mobile data connectivity, and that seems to be due to it not receiving correct APN, thus the suggestion would be to login to the router, navigate to Network -> Interfaces section, edit mobile interface settings, disable Auto APN and enter custom values, based on your provider. 

In regards to modem firmware, have you tried the instructions provided here? Which package is failed to download? Did you have your router connected to a secondary internet source (wired or wireless), when updating the firmware? Did you receive any warnings or error messages, when performing the update? What modem ID and firmware version did you use, when executing modem_updater?

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi thank you for the reply. I have updated again to the latest firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.7. I have changed the APN to manual for some reason the auto selected Virginmedia instead of EE network apn so yes that was causing the delay in connecting however this has not fixed the modem dropping the internet connection.

while running the command opkg update the package that fails to download is this

root@Teltonika-RUTX14:~# modem_updater -g

Available versions:

EG12EAPAR01A06M4G

EG12EAPAR01A09M4G_01.001.01.001

EG12EAPAR01A10M4G_01.001.01.001

EG12EAPAR01A11M4G_01.001.01.001

EG12EAPAR01A13M4G_01.001.01.001

listed above are the versions however they will not install. I tried latest version with no success.
Having failed on this method I tried the USB method. I downloaded the file in the link, I unzipped the file and placed the update folder on a clean usb stick and inserted into the router. followed the instructions but is says this....

the file directory does not exist??? all the files are there including the "firehose".
So having failed again I tried another method using WinSCP. I connected to router and dropped the files over but there isn't enough space and it fails again!!!!!!!!.
I saw a post someone having the same issue they said there isnt enough space to copy the update over but they managed to apply the update by remotely mounting the directory and doing it that way but I have no idea how to do that. Literally every method listed does not work.
H
by anonymous
Hi, I was able to update the firmware eventually by connecting it to a wifi source and disabling the modem connection. It's not been the most straight forward process seeing as all the other methods that should have worked failed as well but Im happy to report that it is now done and I'm hoping it doesn't drop out anymore.