FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
551 views 8 comments
by anonymous
Hi I just purchased a rut 241 serial number 112185034 all was working fine until I tried to do a firmware upgrade  now I am unable to login into the router , I am not a network expert just a newbie to Routers but I was. able to login without trouble before the attempted upgrade.

Regards

Steve
by anonymous
I have  reset to factory default and rebooted via PuTTY using the root login after this i still cannot login via webci attached is dmesg message which an IT friend belives the problem maybe some form pf flash chip failure/ Is there a patch to fix the memory blocks or do i need to send the device back for replacement/

regards

Steve
by anonymous

Hello,

The logs show a warning, not an error and not related to flash.

If I understand correctly, you are able to access the device via SSH. If that is the case, I would like you to get a troubleshoot file. 

Login to the device via SSH, execute the command below:

• troubleshoot.sh

Download WinSCP. Login to the device using the downloaded application as instructed here. Navigate to tmp directory. Find and copy troubleshoot file to your laptop and attach the file by editing your question. The logs in the file might provide more details into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hi Following your instructions i had this error/

root@Teltonika-UNKNOW:~# troubleshoot.sh

Command failed: Not found

root@Teltonika-UNKNOW:~#

Despite the error we manged to get the troubleshoot .tar.gz file whcih i have attached

regards

Steve

steve
by anonymous

[  119.065341] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 3708 at net/sched/sch_generic.c:473 dev_watchdog+0x26c/0x274

[  119.074020] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (mtk_soc_eth): transmit queue 0 timed out

[  119.081085] Modules linked in: xt_connlimit pppoe ppp_async option nf_conncount mt76x0e mt76x0_common l2tp_ppp iptable_nat xt_state xt_nat xt_helper xt_conntrack xt_connmark xt_connbytes xt_REDIRECT xt_NETMAP xt_MASQUERADE xt_FLOWOFFLOAD xt_CT wireguard usb_wwan rndis_host qmi_wwan pptp pppox ppp_mppe ppp_generic nf_nat_tftp nf_nat_snmp_basic nf_nat_sip nf_nat_pptp nf_nat_irc nf_nat_h323 nf_nat_ftp nf_nat_amanda nf_nat nf_flow_table_hw nf_flow_table nf_conntrack_tftp nf_conntrack_snmp nf_conntrack_sip nf_conntrack_pptp nf_conntrack…

this is error, we encounter while router boot process

by anonymous

Hello,

Could you tell, what was the firmware version in your device, before you have performed an update?

The issue is the following. One of your router's internal files, containing device data, got corrupted and needs to be restored:

Could you send your router's serial number in a private message? We would also arrange a remote to restore it.

Best regards,

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Are you able to access router's WebUI login page by 192.168.1.1 at all?

Are you able to access the router via CLI/SSH, as instructed here?

If you are, in CLI/SSH execute following commands:

• firstboot
  • reboot

This should reset your device to factory default settings. 

Otherwise, try factory reset by any means provided here.

If that still does not let you to access the router, you can try recovery via bootloader menu, as provided here

Best regards,

by anonymous

I have  reset to factory default and rebooted via PuTTY using the root login after this i still cannot login via webci attached is dmesg message which an IT friend belives the problem maybe some form pf flash chip failure/ Is there a patch to fix the memory blocks or do i need to send the device back for replacement 

regards

Steve

by anonymous
[  119.065341] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 3708 at net/sched/sch_generic.c:473 dev_watchdog+0x26c/0x274

[  119.074020] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (mtk_soc_eth): transmit queue 0 timed out

[  119.081085] Modules linked in: xt_connlimit pppoe ppp_async option nf_conncount mt76x0e mt76x0_common l2tp_ppp iptable_nat xt_state xt_nat xt_helper xt_conntrack xt_connmark xt_connbytes xt_REDIRECT xt_NETMAP xt_MASQUERADE xt_FLOWOFFLOAD xt_CT wireguard usb_wwan rndis_host qmi_wwan pptp pppox ppp_mppe ppp_generic nf_nat_tftp nf_nat_snmp_basic nf_nat_sip nf_nat_pptp nf_nat_irc nf_nat_h323 nf_nat_ftp nf_nat_amanda nf_nat nf_flow_table_hw nf_flow_table nf_conntrack_tftp nf_conntrack_snmp nf_conntrack_sip nf_conntrack_pptp nf_conntrack…

this is error, we encounter while router boot process
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Apologies for the delay , in answer to your response I am not sure which version was originally installed but we have tried to install several previous versions with no success, the router is not listening on port 20. The serial number is serial number 112185034 .

Regards

Steve

by anonymous
Sent you a private message.