FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
152 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello,
Firmware version: RUTX_R_00.07.02.7
Firmware build date: 2022-09-08 08:47:46

I have set up an OpenVPN Server on my Router. I created the CA, Certs, Keys, Diffie-Hellman Parameters for server and client by myself. These files work, this is for sure.

This image shows that my OpenVPN server is running. The parameters are...

You can see that I entered a push command to tell the client my LAN subnet.
Moreover you can see that I communicated two DNS servers on my LAN.

I created an openvpn client file, installed it on my iPhone and connected. If I look at the logs on my iPhone, the connection is established, there are no errors displayed. The connection also is alive for a long time without any problem. If I have a look at the VPN settings in my iphone I see that my device got the IP from the virtual private network 172.16.1.x. Here is my routing table...

When I try to open one of my local (docker) servers in my LAN that are accesible from my desktop also in LAN, nothing happens. I can also not surf internet from my iphone if the VPN is on. I suppose, there is something wrong with my firewall.

Here is my firewall option...

LAN can communicate to openvpn and openvpn can communicate with lan and wan. All internal rules are set to accept.

What was surprising for me is that there seems to be no interface for VPN. Here are my interfaces...

I only have interfaces for LAN, mobile (2x), wan and wan6. Shouldn't there be an interface for 172.16.1.0/24 ???
Perhaps there is something wrong with my firewall.
Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,
Equi

by anonymous
I figured out that there is a topology parameter availabke in openvpn. It seems as if on Teltonika Routers I can not change between net30 and subnet topology in the parameter section. Could it be that my topology has to be changed to subnet?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
O.K. I solved the problem.
I had to write my own openvpn server configuration file and topology subnet as parameter, as I expected.
Now, everything works. I can connect from my iPhone, surf in internet and surf locally.