FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
345 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Configuring a static IP like f.e. 217.62.144.196/30, i.e. net: 217.62.144.196 1st: .197 (router), 2nd: .198, bc: .199 is not possible in GUI.

GUI only presents masks of 255.0.0.0, 255.255.0.0, 255.255.255.0, but these are only the CLASS A,B,C centric masks, not the mask that is essentialy here.

You have to configure it CLI with ip or ipconfig. Be aware of your route here; it has to be your configured router address - route add etc.

When doing it this way the GUI shows still the wrong mask, f.e. /24 or /16.

Please, be correct here and please, precalculate the correct broadcast address for the used subnet.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

This should be perfectly possible by selecting  --Custom-- from the IPv4 netmask dropdown list, entering 255.255.255.252 and pressing Enter.

Best regards,

by anonymous
This ist not working for me. When using custom configuration and Enter the GUI jumps to one of the classful IP masks. On the overview pages you see the IP and mask as IP/24.

Also, when corrected in CLI - eth1 has now the correct IP and mask - the GUI still shows /24.

Very useful here is the Input of the correct IPv4 bc address what is mostly missed or wrong.
by anonymous

When editing configuration files in CLI, execute command reload_config after you are done. This should update your configuration including related, yet not directly modified sections and changes should appear in the WebUI as well.

Otherwise, have you performed firmware update recently with Keep settings option set to on? Could you reset device to factory defaults in System -> Backup -> Restore default settings and try WebUI configuration again??

by anonymous
Didn't know the reload_config command, will try next time. I got about 10 of these RUT950 and they work fine. I prefer the legacy configuration but this a bit out of date. V7 is very memory hungry on the router but I still like your devices.

The device is productive now and the changes in the CLI work fine as expected - also without reload_config. I will not try to change any settings now in the GUI due to possible network outages.

Thanks for your support.