FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
211 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Allow community,

A recently bought a RUTXR1. I'm using it as a 4G modem, router and OpenVPN client.

My RTUXR1 is an OpenVPN client of a cloud hosted OpenVPN server. When I'm in travel, I'm using this OpenVPN server to secure my browsing. This server allow communication client-to-client.

I have 2 laptops that are connected to this server and they can ping each other. My RUTXR1 is the third client of this server. So it has his own private ip address (given by my OpenVPN server).

My problem is: I'm not able to communicate with my RUTXR1 within the private network. I can't ping, I can reach any port that I redirected...

I need your help.

Attached, some screenshots of some configs I did.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Firewall zone configuration seems correct.

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello

Thanks for your help. However, I saw that this file contains a lot of sensitive information (like my VPN ip, certificates, public ip...).

I can't post that in a public forum.

What do you need exacly ? I can extract you some data
by anonymous

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators. You can also send it in a private message. For starters, I would like to take a look at System.log file in the tra.gz archive, however, if that will not be enough, and having a complete file would reduce and simplify communication. 

by anonymous

Hello, 

The router keeps displaying the following error: 

• Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed 

And a couple of warnings: 

• WARNING: 'auth' is used inconsistently, local='auth SHA1', remote='auth SHA512' 
  • WARNING: 'comp-lzo' is present in remote config but missing in local config, remote='comp-lzo' 

Which indicate misconfiguration between client and server devices.

The first thing to do is to modify your RUTXR1 configuration by changing Authentication algorithm option to SHA512 and setting LZO to Yes

See if that helps.