FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
108 views 0 comments
by anonymous

Hi, I have a RUT955. FV RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.6 It has an internet connection over LAN network, I'm able to connect to it ower Wi-Fi with 192.168.1.1. What do I need to be able to connect to it remotely and make some configuration changes in the future? Do I understand corectly that RMS (Remote Management System). is what supposed to be configured?

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If your end goal is to reach RUT955 remotely, Remote Management System is one of the ways to go about your goal. You can check a couple of videos below on several access options:

However, RMS is not your only option.

You can try using ZeroTier VPN. It is attractive due to not requiring a public IP address, which you may not have. For configuration examples, please refer to this page.

If you have a public IP, you can go with other VPN protocols, as RUT955 supports a number of them.

Another option, although least recommended due to security concerns, is to enable Remote HTTP(S),SSH access. Keep in mind that for it to work, a public IP is also mandatory.

Best regards