FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
81 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I've recently started using one of my RUT240 routers as NTP server for various devices on local network (PCs, PLCs) and noticed that if the power is cut to the router it loses its own time and date. This also means that when it powers on, the devices on local network also keep getting wrong time and date until the router itself resyncs with internet time servers.

I assume the router does not have a battery or capacitor for keeping it's clock running during power-off state.

It would be nice if you could modify the router firmware so there would be an option for ignoring NTP requests from local network on bootup until next succesful sync with internet time servers.

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion.

The device indeed does not have a separate power supply to keep it's clock running.

I have forwarded this request for the development team to consider implementing in the future.  

Best regards,