FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
392 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi - I have a IPSec VPN between a RUT09X and a Fortigate 600D. The RUT is connected to the internet over carrier 4g network. I am able to connect to the VPN, and the RUT receives an IP from the fortinet (10.34.8.70). On the LAN side of the RUT I have a Wireless Access Point. I need this access point to be on the 10.34.8.0/24 network. When I put the RUT into bridge mode, the WAP gets an IP address from the mobile carrier and not the Fortinet. Was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction please

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

If you wish to bridge sites via VPN, you will have to do it on layer 2. For this, you will need to use VPNs that support layer 2. For example, OpenVPN TAP mode or L2TP over IPsec. This way, both sites can be on the same subnet. OpenVPN TAP mode and L2TP over IPSec configurations can be found HERE and HERE, respectively. 

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Hi Andzej - Thanks for the info. I have successfully setup an IPsec connection and it looks like the fortinet is assigning an IP address, but I am unable to route traffic via that interface. If I do an ifconfig I get an entry as per the attached. Do I need to set that as the default route for the RUT?

by anonymous

Hi,

Is the Fortigate configured for L2TP over IPSec too?

Is the WAP a separate device connected to RUT's LAN or the RUT acts as a WAP?

Could you please provide a troubleshoot file? It can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot.

Kind Regards,

Andzej