FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
582 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello everyone, i have the following setup.

RUT240 LAN <> PLC

IP: 192.168.0.200

mask: 255.255.255.0

PLC

IP: 192.168.0.1 

mask: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.0.200

The VPN connection to the PLC via RMS VPN hub works well but only if the IP of the RUT240 is entered as the gateway in the PLC.

My question is, is it possible to set up RUT240 in such a way that you can also connect to all devices in the same IP segment (192.168.0.0/24) which are connected to a LAN without entering a gateway address on the device?

I also use eWON routers. With eWON Router it is possible. The function is called "NAT on LAN".

NAT on LAN (called Plug'n Route): it allows a PC connected to the VPN or WAN interface of the Ewon gateway to reach other Ethernet devices connected to the LAN interface of the Ewon gateway.

It is indeed no more needed to reconfigure the device to define the eWON router as default gateway.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, Teltonika devices do not have such feature, and devices in LAN must have their gateway address pointing to Teltonika device configured.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Isn't this possible by setting static routes?