FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
871 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

we ordered multiple RUT950 routers and have issues with the connectivity. They constantly show the status disconnected after a certain amount of time or they will not reconnect at all. We already installed new latest firmware, disabled auto APN, rebooted the router, and checked the signal strength.

Is this a common problem with the router ? I saw a lot of questions about this already.

Thank you!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Information contained within the file will provide more details into your case and possible causes.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello, thank you for your quick response. I attached the troubleshoot files of two routers to this question.
by anonymous

Does the issue occur on all of the devices?

The APN seems correct, signal metrics are very good too. However disconnects seem to happen due to failover.

Is the failover configuration necessary for your application? Maybe you could disable it and configure automatic modem reboot (Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot) to monitor connection state instead as both devices are not connected to a secondary WAN at the moment? 

If failover is mandatory, could you modify the configuration of Network -> Failover -> mob1s1a1 settings in the following way:

• Add 8.8.8.8 or your provider's DNS IP to Track IP options list. You can look up your ISP DNS servers via CLI/SSH command: cat /tmp/resolv.conf.d/resolv.conf.auto;
  • Increase Down field value to 3;

Could you try one of the devices with another provider's SIM card?

If the above does not help, we could try updating one of the routers modem firmware.

by anonymous
Hi,

one router is running smoothly and the other is constantly disconnecting for no reason. The firmware is already updated to the latest. I disabled failover and enabled auto reboot.

What else can we do?

I attached the troubleshoot file at this post with the name "NEW".
by anonymous

Please try the latest 7.3 firmware release. You can download it from here.

If that does not improve mobile network stability, I would like you to update your device's modem firmware. 

I sent the instructions in a private message. 

0 votes
by anonymous

Try adjusting the parameter for which "bands" your provider is sending on.. change these values to what your provider have.
Also good idea to post which version of RUT950 and firmware your using.
Hope you can sort this out :)

by anonymous

I also have the same situation as data connection states : disconnected Firmware version RUT9_R_00.07.04.1 Firmware build date 2023-03-23 09:21:29 Internal modem firmware version EC25ECGAR06A08M1G_01.001.01.001 Kernel version 5.4.229 4G SIM: Mobilefone (Vietnam) Please help me, I have also read the ways you guys have instructed but I have done it but still not working. I can send configuration files if necessary.