FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
208 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I noticed that RUTX11 rebooted for some unknown reason but it did not report that as "System Event". Using ssh connection I checked that uptime was 11 minutes but latest reboot System Event occurred yesterday when I tried SMS rebooting.

I also searched boot -string from All Events but found nothing that would match today's reboot.

Is it somehow possible to configure router so that every possible reboot and restart is logged as System Event?

Thank you for your support!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, "System events" only logs events, that are initiated from known sources in the system (reboot from SMS, WebUI, etc.), and adding them manually is not possible.

One solution to troubleshoot this issue would be to enable logging to flash memory. This would save the logs even after reboot and would most likely show the origin of the reboot. This could be configured by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and changing the "Save log in" option from RAM memory to Flash memory.
However, please only use this option if reboots happen often, as enabling this option can increase flash wear and may shorten the lifespan of the product.

Another solution would be to log these events in the external logging server. This can be set up by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and specifying the logging server IP, port, and protocol.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous

Thank you for these pointers. I might try the external logging server -option.

by anonymous
Sure!

Let me know if any more help is needed.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
What about the possibility to use USB-disk as log storage? They are big, cheap, easily replaceable.

So could it be possible to somehow forward logging to USB-disk?