FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
222 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I've got a RUTX12 where the power connector was damaged, removing it from the board completely. The tracks on the board are also damaged meaning replacement isnt simple.

I can get the router to power via the passive POE on port 1, however it's not booting correctly and I while I can get to the bootloader I cant seem to get a firmware fully uploaded before the device goes unresponsive.

Does anyone have:

Any ideas on anything I can try to get the device operational?

Or any idea if it's possible to buy just a RUTX12 Main board to replace the one with the damaged connector? The RF board seems to be OK.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Unfortunately, we are not able to supply spare internal components for the router.

As for the torn-off connector, would you be able to verify that the contacts are not bridged? That could cause a short circuit and could render the device unresponsive. As there are quite a few sensitive components around the power connector, could you verify that they and the middle layers of the PCB were not damaged?

Also, please make sure that the passive PoE adapter/switch that you're using can supply enough power. Modems in RUTX12 are initialized during the boot sequence, and as the RUTX12 can draw up to 22W, this may cause a voltage drop in the PSU, causing the RUTX12 to lock up.

Let me know if any more information is needed!
Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks very much,

Unfortunately I cant say for sure that the middle layers aren't damaged, although it looks like a clean break. I'll check out the power supply again.

Is there any repair mechanism where I can get it fixed?

Alexander
by anonymous
Hello,

regarding repairs, please contact your sales manager or reseller and they will help you arrange the repair service.

Best regards,
DaumantasG