FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
481 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I just bought a RUT950U02XXX off ebay. It seems to be very nice and stable however I cannot update the firmware. In the web interface the firmware update wheel spins then says "No access to server"

Current firmware: RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.1 Kernal: 3.18.44 Bootloader: 3.2.1 H/W Rev: 1714 Batch 0093

Two questions:

1/ Would you recommend I update the unit?

2/ What procedure would you recommend?

(Perhaps this procedure:

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/56229/hi-have-been-gifted-old-rut950-which-want-setup-for-use-in-my-rv

or something simpler, given my unit is only about three years old I think ???)

Many thanks, Stefan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Since the firmware version of your device is rather old, it would be fastest to update via bootloader menu. The procedure is described here.

Please download this file and upload it in the http://192.168.1.1/index.html page.

Afterwards, update to the latest RutOS from the WebUI, which can be downloaded here.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thank you, I managed to perform the two stage Firmware update using your instructions. The new UI looks great but the system is no longer stable :-( I have noticed CPU usage often between 90 and 100.25% (!) so everythings tends to be slow including mobile connections and disconnections :-( Sometimes if I play around with the UI (flip between pages) CPU will drop to something more reasonable e.g. 25% but this may just be coincidence?

System was showing 95% CPU pretty constantly: 20 minutes after reboot :-( The unit seems to work, it is just VERY SLUGGISH. This is with NO services enabled other than NTP and SMS. Also QOS seems to have disappeared?

I may have no option but to go back to old version of software (factory reset?) or purchase a new unit which I hope would be faster?

Your thought or ideas would be appreciated?

Many thanks, Stefan

PS Hmmmmmmmmm..... I just looked at OVERVIEW page again just before posting this message, RUT950 is IDLING afaik BUT showing CPU utilization of 92.5%... I flipped a few of the UI pages (To NETWORK and back to OVERVIEW and CPU dropped to 14%. This is all a bit weird. HA HA, I just looked again: 95.75% CPU on OVERVIEW page, clicked on SYSTEM page then back on OVERVIEW page and CPU down to 10-14% I have no idea what is soaking up so much CPU? (RAM usage under 50% typically).

by anonymous

You could view processes and their CPU occupancy via CLI/SSH by executing the following command:

This will provide you with real time processes operating in the device and might help to spot, what is consuming so much resources. For instructions and options on how to access command line interface, refer here:

As for QoS, depending on what exact functionality do you need, you would need to download QoS and SQM packages, either from Services -> Package manager -> Packages section, or from this page, and upload the .tar.gz archive to the device. For more details on configuration options, please refer to this link.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Many thanks,

I restored unit to "factory settings" which restored latest firmware and blanked out any of my prior changes and now all is well. CPU between 10 and 25% and able to switch connections quickly again. (I probably caused the problem when I was experimenting with auto SIM switching paramaters).

Yup, nice and stable again, thanks Stefan