FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,329 views 1 comments
by anonymous

I want to send an email from the command line as described in this wiki 

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Sending_emails_via_command_line

I use method 2 and after typing it in I get the following output

verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate

250 STARTTLS

sendmail: recv:'250 OK'

sendmail: send:'EHLO Teltonika-RUT240.com'

sendmail: recv:'250-kundenserver.de Hello Teltonika-RUT240.com [IP]'

sendmail: recv:'250-8BITMIME'

sendmail: recv:'250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN'

sendmail: recv:'250 SIZE 69920427'

sendmail: send:'AUTH LOGIN'

sendmail: recv:'334 some code'

sendmail: send:' '

sendmail: recv:'334 some code'

sendmail: send:' '

sendmail: recv:'535 Authentication credentials invalid'

sendmail:  failed

I know that the values I use for the command are correct because they are working with the input setting in the webui. 

My root certificate according to the webui is 

## Certificate data from Mozilla as of: Wed Oct 17 03:12:10 2018 GMT

and because the emails are working when I use the input setting I don't really know what the issue is.

The thing I want to do is send an email on startup that the router has started and I only could think of the command line so if anybody knows a way to do it without the command line I would be happy as well.

EDIT: I saw on the wiki that there is a way to do this in the event log page on some routers but unfortunately not on the rut240 that I am using.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
I fixed it by myself. There is a small error in the wiki page. There must be a space between the password and the recipients email without it it won't work.

I still get the error message about the missing local user certificate but the email is still sent and that's all I care about.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you very much for pointing this out. As I can see, you even corrected the error in the page. :)