FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,334 views 1 comments
by
Hi !

Swedish provider Telia started 700 mHz 4G, using "LTE-M" technology in the are where I live.
Accordning to their support the RUT950 does not support "M" and therefore my connection-speed is now very low.
Is there an update for this issue, or are Telias support wrong abot this ?

Regards !

Håkan

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Do you mean LTE Cat1? If so, Cat1 speeds are (theoretically):

-Download Peak Rate: 10Mbps

-Upload Peak Rate: 5Mbps

What is the code of your router? For example RUT950 E010255.
by
My RUt is a U022C0.

After quite a lot of calls to Telias support regarding the Teltonikas low connection-speed since Telia changed over to 700 mHz 4G I'm now convinced that at that moment they didn't really know what they were talking about since LTE-M should have nothing to do with their LTE 4G net !

But still the RUT950 can not deliver acceptable speeds but stays at best at about 4-5 mbps while my old Huawei b525s get up to 30 mbps. The same Huawei that when Telia introduced 700 mHz hardly connected at all ! Very strange problem indeed and unfortunately Telia refuse to relieve any specific information about what they require from a mobile modem/router.

Maybe it's because the RUT950 is only cat-4 compatible, I don't know.