FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
403 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi Community

I have a RUT240 device running RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 firmware which is running stable when connected to the configured WIFI. I am however seeing that the device is constantly rebooting and ultimately stops responding on the LAN/WAN ports when the WIFI is not present.

I have not configured any auto reboot options and the reboot scheduler is also empty.

The device seems very unstable and we have tried firmware upgrades and factory resets. Nothing helps.

We do not want the device to reboot by itself. How do we make the device run stable and just reconnect to the WIFI when this becomes available?

Additional info: The WAN port is left empty. The RUT240 only bridges the WIFI using the LAN port.

Kind regards

Kenneth

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understand correctly, RUT240 acts as a client to some other wireless access point? 

It would be interesting to know what happens after RUT disconnects from WiFi, but before reboots. 

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, by disconnecting from the WiFi, then wait some time till device becomes unstable, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

If that does not work out, in the same System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section switch Save log in option to Flash memory, and generate troubleshoot file after one of the unintended device reboots. Be aware that this will increase flash wear, thus should be disabled after generating the file.

The logs in the file might provide more insight into possible cause.

Best regards

by anonymous
Hi,

Correct. RUT240 is client on a local wireless access point. The LAN plug goes directly to a laptop right beside it, which we use to test it.

I changed the logging to flash memory yesterday, hoping I could somehow figure out why the RUT240 is rebooting. I didn't succeed. I hope you will. I've attached a fresh downloaded copy for you. Let me know if you can see something in it.

I left the RUT240 on yesterday. The laptop was turned off. When I turned the laptop back on this morning, I tried to ping the RUT240. Both devcices are configured with static IP adresses, but the RUT240 didn't respond. It started backup after a power cycle. It was after this that I generated the attached logfile.

Thanks,

Kenneth
by anonymous
The logs do not indicate much for possible errors or failures. Though restarts are quite frequent.

There seems to be a switch hardware issue, as there is this recurring message "Failed to apply configuration for switch".

The switch settings show LAN port speed set to 10baseT after several attempts, which is usually set, when negotiation between devices fails, as the port is capable of 100Mbps.

If possible, I suggest to return device for warranty repair or replacement.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Let's do that. I agree...the device seems broken. We just wanted to make sure the behaviour was not intentional before returning it, as this device is the first Teltonika device we have tested. Let's hope for better luck with the next device.

Thank you for your assistance

Kenneth