FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
587 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello.

New to this, hope someone here could help me with this issue.
I have installed OpenVPN as a server on my windows 10 computer, using RUT241 connected to this computer.   
How do I forward traffic from RUT241 to the OpenVPN server om my computer?
I’m using UDP and port 1194.
I believe I should forward UDP traffic on port 1194 to my OpenVPN server on the servers IP 10.8.x.x IP address, but that seems impossible as I can’t change the internal IP address to that.
And should this be done under port forwards or traffic rules, or both?
Anyone that could help me here.

Thanks!
Ole

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

To achieve this, you can configure a port forwarding rule. The rule would accept the traffic coming to the WAN IP of your RUT241 on port 1194 and redirect it to the local IP address of your OpenVPN server (your PC) on the same port 1194. 

So the port forwarding rule:

• Protocol: UDP
  • Source Zone: WAN
  • External port: 1194
  • Internal Zone: LAN
  • Internal IP address: <LAN IP ADDRESS OF YOUR SERVER/PC>
  • Internal port: 1194

More information about Firewall and traffic rules can be found HERE.

Also, in the configuration of your OpenVPN server, you would need to change the remote (IP address) to the WAN IP of your RUT241.

Then, if you want OpenVPN clients to be able to reach devices on the server's LAN, you will need to configure the server. This can be done by adding a push option to OpenVPN server config file.

push "route 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0"

This will advertise 192.168.100.0/24 LAN network to VPN clients.

Kind Regards,

Andzej