FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
192 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have been experimenting with the SMS [ switch_sim ] function which works well to switch from SIM1 to SIM2. I then sent a SMS [ status ] command via the SIM1 phone number which of course did not work! Then I sent a SMS [ status ] command to the SIM2 phone number and the log shows it has been received, but I get no status message back. Moreover (if logged into the HTML UI) the Status/Overview/Modem information goes blank and CPU goes 90%+ for about a minute). Whilst the Modem UI section remains blank the modem & connection actually continue to operate OK. I can replicate this problem at will, i.e. : Send Text, Watch UI partially crash, watch CPU rocket. I also note that the UI says that SIM1 is still the default and auto switching is switched off though the SMS command [ switch_sim ] did work. How can I get the SMS [ status ] command to work for the second SIM?

Many thanks, Stefan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Which firmware version is your device running?

It would be helpful, if you could provide a troubleshoot file from your device by attaching it to your question. To generate the file, first, replicate the issue, by performing SIM switch to SIM2 and sending status command to the router, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
Ok, after a morning coffee + REBOOT the problem has vanished! My learning from this is always REBOOT after making changes... Seems to work fine now, sorry for troubling you.

PS The RUT950 seems to hold fairly poor 4G connections much better than my TP-Link M7650s

Thanks again, Stefan
by anonymous

OK the problem is back again and it is even more repeatable, in fact I know what is happening however why it happening is a mystery to me.

I upgraded firmware to .07.03

If I use the UI "Default SIM" function to swap back and forth between SIM1 and SIM2 it works every time. Also if I use this approach  subsequent outbound SMS messages (from the RUT950) work correctly i.e. from SIM1 or SIM2 as selected as default.

If I use the SMS function [ switch_sim ] it works every time also (But of course you have to change the destination phone number each time - i.e to SIM1 or SIM2 depending on which SIM is currently selected but again this is fine)

If I use ANY SMS command after [ switch_sim ] that returns a RUT950 SMS message from the currently selected (but non-default) SIM (e.g. the [ status ] command) the system appears to partially crash for about a minute or two and no SMS data is returned. E.g the modem continues to operate but modem data fields dissapear form the UI and the RED light on the UNIT flashes every second until it eventually corrects itself.

Frankly I am happy to use the UI to achieve my objectives but it would be nice if you could debug this problem. I can produce a TROUBLESHOOT file if you like but where shall I send it. I can generate the TROUBLESHOOT file as soon as the UI goes weird and the RED light starts flashing, as I said the modem continues to operate whilst the RED light flashes for between 1 to 2 minutes before it corrects itself however the SMS functionality still does not work correctly. Are your Troubleshoot files encrypted?

Many thanks again :-)

by anonymous

Here is what I have done, correct me if the workflow is incorrect:

• I have set SIM1 as default;
  • Sent switch_sim command to switch to non-default SIM2;
  • Sent status message to the number of SIM2, but did not encounter the issue you have described.

I would like you to send a troubleshoot file in a private message or attach it by editing your primary question, generated after the issue occurs, but before you perform any resets or configuration changes. Data such as passwords is hidden, phone numbers and IP addresses are not, but uploaded files are only available to Teltonika moderators.