FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
452 views 10 comments
by anonymous
Hi - I have a RUT950 that is disconnecting and then re-connecting to the mobile network frequently throughout the day. Sometimes it reconnects and re-establishes the internet connection and sometimes it stays disconnected. The first we know about the issue is that there is no internet connection at the end user devices. We have experienced this for 12 months+, is there a solution? Thanks.
by anonymous
update - while this does seem slightly better still getting this dropping issue. I waiting to upgrade to a faster sim plan to see if this would help - but especially streaming the connection just drops and the whole thing seems to reboot.

Any other ideas please -  Or have I been sold a dying unit?

M

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. 

Reboot the device, wait until disconnection, or a couple of them, occurs, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file may provide more details into possible causes of the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thank you - I have the troubleshoot logs downloaded, which log do you want uploaded?
by anonymous
A complete *.tar.gz archive.
by anonymous
I will send it privately to you.
by anonymous
The logs in the file indicate that each disconnect is also followed by modem disconnects. This might be an indication of failing hardware, but it might also be caused by old modem firmware. I will send you the instructions on how to perform an update.
by anonymous
hi I have the same issue - internet works fine most of the time, but especially on wifi calls or streaming, calls drop after about 4 mins, and some streaming apps don't work. This is really annoying because with the dome antenna the modem work perfectly and he range is excellent. I have another router (iogiant) using the same card, works fine and doesn't drop - so definitely the RUT950.

I have updated to the latest firmware and modem software this week but still drops. Please help!
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you forward a troubleshoot file from your device in a private message?

Best regards,
by anonymous
update - while this does seem slightly better still getting this dropping issue. I waiting to upgrade to a faster sim plan to see if this would help - but especially streaming the connection just drops and the whole thing seems to reboot.

Any other ideas please -  Or have I been sold a dying unit?

M
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide more details on what did change to improve your situation?

Looking at your previously provided troubleshoot file, I see that the firmware of the modem module within the router is quite old. I could send you instructions on how to perform an update to see, if that improves your situation.

Best regards,
by anonymous

I've actually been just doing trial and error - I may have had a breakthrough today actually - I think the load balancing/failover were on by default - there is another access point but the signal is not great, nor is the actual connection when it's on. I've basically just switched EVERYTHING off so it's just busing the sim, and it seems to be MUCH more stable. It's shame as I was hoping to use this for more speed, but I prefer stability. 

I may still updgrade to one of the X units for 5g bandwidth... question: would my current RUT950 antenna work with the newer box? https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HSYP97L

many thanks for you help btw!