FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
254 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello im am configuring a RUT 956 and need to connect it to my mqtt server. It will recive data from modbus(rtu). I am logged in on the web gui on version RUT9M_R_00.07.03. It would be super helpfull with a step by step guide on how to connect to my RUT 956 to my mqtt server and verify that it works somehow.

additional questions:

• what is the difference between adding a modbus serial slave in the "MODBUS SERIAL SLAVE CONFIGURATION" tab and adding a "MODBUS SERIAL DEVICE" under "MODBUS SLAVE DEVICE CONFIGURATION" inside "MODBUS SERIAL MASTER" tab.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

As for transferring Modbus data via MQTT, please refer to this article. In this case, Flespi will need to be replaced by your own MQTT solution (although Flespi is also great for testing), and the router acting as a Slave will be replaced with your own Modbus device. This is the best solution if you'd like to send data when you request it.

For sending Modbus data periodically, please refer to this question. In this case, Modbus RTU Master will need to be configured instead of Modbus TCP Master.

• what is the difference between adding a modbus serial slave in the "MODBUS SERIAL SLAVE CONFIGURATION" tab and adding a "MODBUS SERIAL DEVICE" under "MODBUS SLAVE DEVICE CONFIGURATION" inside "MODBUS SERIAL MASTER" tab.
In the Modbus Serial Master tab, slave devices will be configured. This means that the router will act as a Master and will be requesting and sending data to Modbus Slave devices.

In the Modbus Serial Slave configuration, the router itself will act as a slave. More information can be found in this article. To summarize, router parameters can be received and set, when the Modbus Serial Master device is connected to your router's RS232/RS485 port.

Keep in mind, that the only difference between Modbus Serial Master and Modbus TCP Master is the communication medium.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Thanks for the quick reply im still stuck with connecting to the mqtt server. I have confirmed the server works by posting to it from another client. And I've tried to connect my RUT 956 to test.mosquitto.org again my other client can publish meassages but not my rut956.

My RUT is connected using an ethernet cable in the wan socket but the machine does not have internet access how can i fix this?
by anonymous

Hello,

It would be great if you could generate a troubleshoot file. This can be done by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot.

This file can be attached to the original query or sent to me via a private message. Files attached to the original post will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

Best regards,

DaumantasG